Thursday, October 13, 2005

Willis Still in the Mix?

I can't believe it, but according to the DMN, Freshman Justin Willis is still getting snaps in practice.

Why?

There are five games left. Romo is obviously going to start on Saturday. I think we can safely conclude Romo continues to play unless he gets hurt. So why is Bennett even considering this? The worst thing that can happen is for Romo to go down and they burn Willis' redshirt by letting him hand off the ball for three straight plays. I don't think they would do that. I think they would only play Willis if Romo were going to miss a gme completely.

There really is one conclusion: Bennett and Burns don't like Chris Phillips . . . at all. Obviously, I don't see practice. I don't see what they see. But I liked what I saw a year ago; certainly enough to give Phillips a shot.

No comments: