Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Waiting List

SMU is back on the waiting list Bottom 10. By beating SMU, Marshall was taken off. SMU homecoming opponent Rice is on the list at 0-3; SMU's next home game is against waiting list ECU.

I also want to point out that Baylor's two Division 1-A wins are against teams in hte bottom 10 or on the wait list. The point is, all you heard was that Baylor going into A&M was 3-0 (now 3-1). People remember your record, not who you beat. And that is why I am in favor of scheduling soft. But if Bennett wins four games with next year's schedule, I won't call it improvement either.

While I am on the subject, why do people say Texas Tech is 4-0? The way I see it, they are 3-0. Ask yourself this question: How many more games do they have to win t go to a bowl? If you say, "Two", you would be wrong. They need to win three more games. Only one of their I-AA games can count. As far as I am concerned, that makes them 3-0, with one exhibition win. Tech might as well held an intersquad scrimmage and sold tickets.

No comments: