Friday, October 21, 2005

Romo

According to today's DMN, Bennett has confidence in Romo and is confident he will bounce back from his four interception game against ECU.

Bennett said it's the first time in four seasons he's felt strongly about his No. 1 quarterback.

Justin Willis and Chris Phillips are the backups.


I think the confidence in Romo has more to do with his lack of confidence in the backups. Phillips has been the doghouse for a year and Willis is a true freshman. Next year's quarterback situation really concerns me.

If you want to know what I think is going to happen against Tulsa, I fully expect SMU to continue its offensive frustration with a Tulane-like effort on offense. Tulsa has one of the best pass defenses in the country statistically (4th), but teams have been able to run the ball. I think the offense relapses into delayed handoffs in weird formations and QB draws. Lots of three and out; defense collapses in the second half from exhaustion. I am very excited as you can tell. I think Tulsa wins 31-10.

No comments: