Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Conference USA Media Day

Today is media day for Conference USA. It is here in Dallas, BTW. That is right, Mack Brown's less talented brother is in town!!!

I actually thought about asking for a credential to this. I figured the odds of them saying "Yes" were around 15%. But I have a mediation I have to attend today and I didn't know if I would be able to do both and I didn't want to miss the continental breakfast at the media day or the cookies at the mediation.

Anyway, at some time around 11:45, there will be some video on the C-USA website that will be on SMU. It should run about ten minutes. I guess it is an interview with Bennett and a couple of players. The two players that SMU is bringing to media day are Joe Sturdivant and Reynaldo Pellerin. Sturdivant is no surprise. After all, he is an impact player on NCAA Football 2007 for the PS2. Yeah, he's a pretty good player-man, too. Pellerin is a mild surprise as an offensive selection-SMU wasn't required to bring seniors and Pellerin isn't the most accomplished receiver or offensive player on the team.

It also means there will likely be a SMU/C-USA story in the Dallas Morning News tomorrow.

Players report today, though from the SMU website, you would never know it.

Also, Forrest Gregg is the keynote speaker at the kickoff luncheon. Gregg is an excellent choice. Gregg has, I think, held every position in the SMU athletic department except groundskeeper: player; coach; AD.

Single game tickets are now on sale on the official site.

No comments: