Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Waiting is the Hardest Part.

Oh baby don’t it feel like heaven right now
Don’t it feel like somethin’ from a dream
Yeah I’ve never known nothing quite like this
Don’t it feel like tonight might never be again
We know better than to try and pretend
Baby no one could have ever told me bout this

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Well yeah I might have chased a couple of women around
All it ever got me was down
Then there were those that made me feel good
But never as good as I feel right now
Baby you’re the only one that’s ever known how
To make me wanna live like I wanna live now

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more ca rd
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

Don’t let it kill you baby, don’t let it get to you
Don’t let em kill you baby, don’t let ‘em get to you
Ill be your breathin’ heart, Ill be your cryin’ fool
Don’t let this go to far, don’t let it get to you


Look, I could go on and on about what we know and don’t know, but the bottom line is we don’t really know much more than we did yesterday, though it appears Duke is back in it. Personally, I am tired. Earlier in the day, I tried to be optimistic. Upon reflection, Johnson is likely milking the situation for the best BCS offer he can get. I said earlier that I thought there was a chance Orsini was going to get someone a raise before he got his coach and that may very well be the case. Maybe Paul Johnson will choose SMU and maybe he won't, but if this all goes down the way I now expect it to, I am going to have some choice words for SMU, Turner and Orsini and the way they arrogantly kept the rank and file season ticketholders in the dark. All the while, nearly six weeks have passed and jobs were filled, recruits were lost, junior college signing day may very well come and go. For now, I am just too tired to do it.

If you are looking for reading material, check these places out:

A good Navy blog.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution Blog.

Navy Football Board.

Georgia Tech Board.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look friend, you need to calm down and get some sleep. I’m happy with the direction SMU is taking. Minus the Bush Library, Turner’s doing a good job. And Orsini already has us competing with ACC schools; we may lose, but it’s a start. Yes, we may lose some recruits. Yes, we may lose transfers. But we can wait. We’ve been waiting 20 years. What are a few more weeks of apprehension and maybe even another losing season? I can live with that.
It is awful being in the dark (and I’m more in the dark than most), but I can understand Orsini’s motivation. I love my alma mater, but even I have to admit SMU is not a coach’s dream job. (We were. And we will be again! But we’re not right now.) I’m sure Orsini is getting the door slammed in his face a lot, look at what’s being reported about Troy Calhoun. If Orsini announced every candidate he was calling, the news would be reporting a lot more rejections. You only need to look at Michigan and Arkansas to know that kind of coverage makes you look weak. Now Michigan and Arkansas may have the current reputation to get over these little embarrassments, SMU does not.
Let’s give Orsini all the time he needs. Even without a coach, we cannot do much worse than this year. (Sry Bennett. I like you, but it is true.)
BTW congratz SMU basketball. You got three W’s in a row (and counting), plus you beat TCU. Sry I couldn’t be there.

Anonymous said...

This is getting depressing. On the Navy board a comment was apparently authenticated that the Air Force coach told Orsini he is not interested in talking with SMU. However, their coach is an academy graduate, so it is understandable.

I would bet on Bowden as choice #1.

Anonymous said...

The AJC is reporting Tech and Johnson have agree to a deal...Yet to be "signed":

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/gatech/stories/2007/12/07/gtfoot_1208.html