Friday, November 16, 2007

Coach Search Day 19


Steve Orsini gave us a "quick update:" http://smuad.blogspot.com/2007/11/quick-update.html

Just wanted to drop in with a short update on the search - While I can’t go into great detail, I just want to leave you with a couple of notes from the process so far.

We are working to get the best available coach in America and I’m not willing to limit my pool of prospects. As I said at the press conference two weeks ago, we’re looking at a number of different options. We’re going after the best and sometimes that takes time. There is a sense of urgency to this hire, but we’re going to get it right and won’t paint ourselves into a corner by establishing a hard timeline. I entered this process with a plan and am pleased with how it’s being executed and its effectiveness. I am perfectly comfortable with where we are in the process and am confident that we’re on the right track.


I was told almost exactly the same thing from a source within the athletic department two days ago.  I was going to post something about this but I got caught up in Kragthorpe-mania and didn't get around to it.

Let me add one other thing I was told by the same source within the athletic department.  There is lots of interest and lots of resumes and phone calls are coming in.  My source hasn't seen all of the names that have expressed interest (those that go straight from the search firm to Orsini, for example), but has seen some of them.  If you had seen the names and where they are coming from, you would be impressed.  No specific were given to me.

Not much, I admit, but that is what I was told.

No comments: